cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivity Timeout set -Terminate idle user session in vSZ-H

tamer_morcos
New Contributor III
I am having issue to keep Door Locks online all the time with multiple clients, the door lock weak-up every one hour to check the internet connectivity and once it miss the hard-beat send alarm message to the client over-all building so please can you advise how we can disable or increase more than 15 min (1000 Sec) in this SSID, is there is CLI command to do that? 
4 REPLIES 4

eightohtwoeleve
Contributor III
You can't do that, 5.2 presented us with the ability to increase this from 1000 seconds.

tamer_morcos
New Contributor III
yes i believe we need to get Ruckus to get this part customized specially for the wireless devices working in battery and they don't have any background traffic.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I'm not fluent in SmartZone platform, but we have a KBA-2433: Maximum values for Inactivity time out & Grace period
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000002433
... that suggests you might be able to use "Grace Period" in addition to maximum "Inactivity Timeout"?

------------------
Inactivity timeout can be set on WLAN at ZD web UI >> Configure >> WLANs >>(Edit a WLAN) >> Advanced options
For vSZ/SZ: Navigate to the WLAN> Configure WLAN>> Advance Options.

Inactivity timeout refers to the disconnection of the idle clients from the associated AP.

For ZD,
Minimum Value:  60 Seconds
Maximum Value: 500 minutes

For SZ/vSZ,
Inactivity timer:  
Minimum Value: 60 Seconds 
Maximum Value: 1000 Seconds

Grace period allows disconnected users a grace period after disconnection,
during which clients will not need to re-authenticate, on Web based authentication
(including Guestpass and Hotspot).

For ZD,
Minimum Value:  1 minute
Maximum Value: 144,000 minutes

For SZ/vSZ,
Minimum Value: 1 Minute
Maximum Value: 14,300 Minutes

Hello Michael

Just saw your post about the inactivity timeout setting from a ZD. Is this only available on a ZD and not on the AP via CLI? I am running some standalone 7982 APs and would really like to increase the inactivity time to the max which you mention is 500 minutes? Would this work on a ZD 1100? TIA.