cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically block potential rogue wireless client, which repeatedly fails authentication?

Waitemen
New Contributor

Hey guys

We are currently trying to harden our wireless network security and, we recently came across a case where a client repeatedly failed the authentication when attempting to connect to an SSID (Open, WPA2 personal).

I know this could be just a phone with a wrong wireless password / profile but we now wonder, if there is any way to configure the VSz controller to automatically block a wireless client, if it fails the authentication for a pre-defined number of times? (e.g., 10 wrong password guesses)

I had researched on Google for hours but only found that there is an option available on the old ZD, which would allow it to "Temporarily block wireless clients with repeated authentication failures for [ ] seconds:", but I could not find this option anywhere in the VSz interface. I have also combed thru the CLI reference guide but found none of the commands would do the job... 

This seems to be a really common security feasure so I believe there must be something out there. Any idea? 

Appreciated.

W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

hello @Waitemen 

You can enable the DoS option under the Access Point>>Zone>>Advance option 

Ayush_Tripathi_0-1716314534408.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member