cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a node from a Cluster in SZ-100 CLI

elliot_french_2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to delete a node from a Cluster in SZ-100 using the CLI?

All the other topics I've read instruct on how to delete via the Web UI, however, I appear to have encountered an issue whereby the node is not present in the Web UI but is showing as a node member in the CLI.

This occurred after I encountered a hardware fault and had to RMA a controller - it seems that the original cluster node that I deleted via the Web UI did not delete correctly.

3 REPLIES 3

Orlando_Elias
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello Elliot, 

Did you put the cluster into 'maintenance' mode before removing the node?

Was the node on online or offline when removed?

Maybe the best thing would be adding the node again and then removing it from 'maintenance' mode.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support

Hi Orlando,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you put the cluster into 'maintenance' mode before removing the node?
I did not. Is this a requirement? I have had to disassemble many clusters over the years, and have never encountered any difficulties accomplishing this without putting the cluster into maintenance mode (until now).

Was the node on online or offline when removed?
It was offline, as it suffered a hardware fault and I was afraid that this has the potential to impact the service across the entire cluster unless the node was shut down.

Maybe the best thing would be adding the node again and then removing it from 'maintenance' mode.
I have since RMA'ed the node so this is no longer a possibility, however, on the plus side I am now receiving support from Ruckus TAC on this, so I'll be sure to report back if I learn anything.

Thank you, Elliot, 

I look forward to your input. I would like to follow the track along with you.

With regards,
--
Orlando Elias
Technical Support