cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Failures and Troubleshooting section

ali_db0udsohr2q
Contributor

Is there a way to dig deeper into Connection Failures to see what exactly is happening and correlate that information on the root cause.  Just showing me "Connection Failures" and nothing else is so pointless.  vSZ or SCI neither have a way to drill down into it.

Secondly, will the blocked clients connections show up as Connection Failure?  Looking under the troubleshooting section (which is not very useful by the way, I rather the interface give me a pcap file) they show up as "Fail" so I am guessing it correlates to the "Connection Failures" under the Access Point screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pasquale_monar2
New Contributor III

In the zone, you can enable "Historical Connection Failures" then in the health section of an AP - Go to Connection Failure - on the right hand side where you see the drop down where it says Access Points - choose Failure Types - you will then see the different failure types by connection failure and you will see mac addresses of clients affected and you will be able to click and it will bring you directly to the VCD historical data for that client. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pasquale_monar2
New Contributor III

In the zone, you can enable "Historical Connection Failures" then in the health section of an AP - Go to Connection Failure - on the right hand side where you see the drop down where it says Access Points - choose Failure Types - you will then see the different failure types by connection failure and you will see mac addresses of clients affected and you will be able to click and it will bring you directly to the VCD historical data for that client. 

Thanks I found it, someone in Slack actually knew the answer.  I forgot to update it here.  Still blocked client's shouldn't be flagging the AP's though.  It makes the customer(s) think something is wrong when in reality there isn't anything wrong.

How else would you want to be alerted that a client is blocked? A flag is an announcement that something is up, if you hover over the connection failure, it should tell you what the flag is all about.