cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Vlans to a Switch Port

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

Trying to add vlans to switch ports in SZ and can't figure out how to add multiple port ranges.  Documentation doesn't give any examples and Google searches have turned up nothing.  I know you could use the CLI, but trying to do this all through the GUI since we were sold on the 'under one management interface to control wifi and switches' idea.

I need to add ports 1/1/1-48, 2/1/1-48,1/2/1, and 2/2/1 to multiple vlans on a pair of stacked switches.  I can enter '1/1/1 to 1/1/48' but when I try to add another port range, it goes red and won't let me.  I have tried entering '1/1/1 to 1/1/48', hitting the update button, OK , going back into the vlan configuration and then entering '2/1/1 to 2/1/48' but it won't let me.  The box turns red.  If I enter '1/1/1 to 2/1/48' it ends up adding ports 1/3/4, 1/2/2, 1/2/1 and randomly skips other ports.  I have also tried entering '1/1/1 to 1/1/48, 2/1/1 to 2/1/48' but box goes red.  Only way I can see to add the ports is if I type them all out: 1/1/1,1/1/2,1/1/3......all the way to 2/1/48.  That's 96 ports, 98 counting the two uplinks, that would need to be typed out.  Got to be an easier way to add multiple ranges of ports at one time to a vlan using the SZ GUI.

1 REPLY 1

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Jason,

It would be helpful if you open a support case and show the problem live to one of our engineers to assist you better.

Thanks

Jijo