cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs disconnect and reboot randomly from vSZ

angelo_de_luca
New Contributor II
Hi
I have recently migrated x 14 ZF7372 APs onto vZS, they are all online and working, but each of the APs randomly disconnect and reboot at least once per day,  the firmware of the vSZ is 5.1.0.0.496   the current firmware on the ZF7372 APs deployed by the vSZ is 3.6.2.0.695

can anyone shed any light as to why they are doing this?  

8 REPLIES 8

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Diego,

If the AP is connected to the controller to download the support info go to Access Points- highlight the AP and then click on more > download support log

If the AP is not connected to the controller you can get the support info file by starting a log file from your SSH/CLI tool (putty) - then run two commands:

support (this creates the support log)
support show (this scrolls the file to the log)

Reboot reason unknown indicates the AP was restarted by power cycle (no data could be collected cause it just lost power)

There is a reboot reason and reboot history log in the AP that will show why it rebooted last and the reason it has rebooted recently.  Reboot reason unknown or power cycle will not leave a log (with data stamps) in the reboot history.

Watchdog reboots and application reboots can occur for several reasons, as David said watchdogs reboots occur when the AP detects a process is hung up.

Get the support info file and contact Ruckus support for a detailed analysis.

Thanks

Albert

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
Hi Albert,

Thanks for the info. We have a case opened since the begining of the year and we were provided a private build that in theory addressed the issue. We were not seeing physical power cycles on the system and have multiple APs on the same switches.

angelo_de_luca
New Contributor II
Hi

Thanks  David, and Albert for your detailed suggestions, and pointers, very helpful, I have now downloaded the logs for some of the effected APs and will pass to Ruckus Support for analysis.

mauricio_lopez
New Contributor

hello guys, i encounter the same issue in several ocations with new aps and old aps trying to conect to vscg or scg this happend with older versions of the ap, you can patch the controller and you still had the same issue, i found the work arround /luckly/ well , u have to set the ap on unleash firmware then upgrade to solo ap and u resolve the booting issue ..try it!