cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs disconnect and reboot randomly from vSZ

angelo_de_luca
New Contributor II
Hi
I have recently migrated x 14 ZF7372 APs onto vZS, they are all online and working, but each of the APs randomly disconnect and reboot at least once per day,  the firmware of the vSZ is 5.1.0.0.496   the current firmware on the ZF7372 APs deployed by the vSZ is 3.6.2.0.695

can anyone shed any light as to why they are doing this?  

8 REPLIES 8

david_saez
New Contributor III
Hi Angelo,
can you provide a Support Info file of one of the APs after the reboot? It could be either the APs losing contact with vSZ/Default Gateway and after some time, typically 30 mins, they reboot, or an error that would be to be analyzed inside a Support ticket.
Thanks.
David.

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
Do you see any reboot reason In the sz logs ? I have several aps rebooting with "unknown reason" which is being handled by a support case. But the smartzone logs should give you a rough idea

angelo_de_luca
New Contributor II
@David     How do I get the Support info file fom the AP ?   I am new to vSZ 

@Diego under the Alarm tab after clicking on any of the effected APs the code is 303 disconnected and then 302 rebooted, severity is "Major" and under activity it says "AP was re-booted by the system, because of system revovery by watchdog

the Events and Alarms column  for the whole vSZ just replicates the wording what I have said above

the strange thing is, I also have x 3 R510 APs  and they are not doing it,  might be a coincidence

david_saez
New Contributor III
Hi Angelo,
you need to open a Support case so that we can investigate these reboots.  Watchdog is the mechanism to prevent CPU hang up, so AP reboots to avoid that.

Thanks.
David.