cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system was never able to reboot or powered on after electric outage

PQ
New Contributor

Hi, I have the Ruckus system ICX 7150-C12P. I can't power it on or reboot after the electric outage. Please let me how to fix it. Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

Hello @PQ ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello @PQ ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks for the followup. I was not able to successfully reboot the system by trying several times. I may have to try over 15 times to see if that works. But can you send me the mac version of how to recover the software. Thanks. 

Hello @PQ ,

Thank you for the response.

From the response you shared, I understand that you have performed reset on your Switch multiple times.

If the reset does not work, the only option is to perform software recovery.

May i please know if you have an option to arrange a Windows laptop as the software recovery process would be easier in Windows version?

Please note that using both a USB Type-C and an Ethernet cable is mandatory for the software recovery process. If your laptop does not have an Ethernet port, we recommend using an external Ethernet adapter, as illustrated in the screenshot below.

If there is no Windows laptop. For MAC devices, please follow the instructions in the guide below to obtain console access. Additionally, ensure that you connect another cable for the software recovery process.

Guide for obtaining console access to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you have console access, please refer to the video below for TFTP configuration on a MAC:

TFTP Configuration on MAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviyd91HntU

Be sure to establish the console connection to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch in a separate terminal screen before activating the internal TFTP server on the MAC.

Commands and further steps must be followed from the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article shared in my previous post.

Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajedran
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community