cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device not working after restarting the modem

ruckustupig
New Contributor

I restarted the modem because xfinity asked to do that to receive new signal. After that, the ruckus device doesn't produce signal for the wifi network. I don't know how to fix that. I 've unplugged and plugged back the ruckus device but it still didn't make the wifi working.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @ruckustupig 

As  you mentioned  'This happens after I restarted the xfinity gateway ' so something happens there from your ISP ( internet provider )  side. 

Ruckus only distribute the 'internet'. 

Make sure you router is well configured from your ISP as router and not as bridge mode.

How are the color lights from the Wireless Access Point

Vsquez_Fer_0-1670518695663.jpeg

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Best Regards

Fernando Vasquez 

When you say router, do you mean ruckus device or xfinity gateway? It’s unclear from your saying. 

as said the internet is perfectly produced from xfinity. The distribution job from ruckus is not working. Your saying kept asking me to fix the problem with xfinity.

Hi @ruckustupig 

Ruckus devices are ICX-7150 C12 P switch and Access Point , the router is the gateway modem or router from your ISP 

Could you please answer the question regarding the color lights from the Access points.

As I mentioned, if something was reset on the Xfinity side, this reset must have caused something on the ISP side, some important function or protocol stopped working to cause the Ruckus devices to stop working since the Ruckus devices only distribute the connection.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez  

Regarding color lights from the AP:

for all the three APs (located at each floors) in the house, they all have two green lights on PWR and CTL. The PWR is flashing often.

I am out of my home. I have to ask people living there to answer any questions you may have. I am not sure if I can do any other configuration that need my mobile phone to interact with the unleash app because my mobile phone that installed the unleash app is in the remote.

Also, I didn't change any setup related to the cable or plug. It was working perfectly fine two days ago. The only thing I did is I restarted using the Xfinity app remotely or unplug/plug the Xfinity gateway (under the help from people living in the house), because Xfinity sent the new signal to my device to refresh or speed up the internet and then asked me to restart or plug/unplug the gateway.

Hi @ruckustupig 

Based on the color lights here is the meaning PWR flashing.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

System started, no routable IP address detected.

Basically, the xfinity device doesn't provide IP addresses to the Ruckus devices, so it can't broadcast the network correctly.

Basically it is not giving IP  address through the ports (DHCP) if you already checked that the connections are as in the photo you are fine.

As I mentioned, since there was a gateway restart, I recommend you start there.

If you want we can access the switch by console and verify the connections and cables.

Here is a short guide: 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Best Regards 

Fernando vasquez