cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless data rates

MichaelH
New Contributor III

I have AT&T internet with 1 Gigabit data rate connected to the Ruckus R510. Would it be worth the money to upgrade to a new router with 2 Gigabit data rate? Would I see a big increase in the 5 Ghz wireless data flow?

Thanks.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yarenis

Hi @MichaelH

For the R510 and ICX7150 Switch the max port negotiation will be 1G, if are connected to a Router that can negotiate to more than 1G, they will only pass a maximum of 1G if data, also take into consideration that one thing is the port speed negotiation and the other is the speed of your internet.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @MichaelH 

Sure, let me share the link, however the ICX7150 must be connected to a device that has an SFP port and require using an SPF cable that can negotiate 10G speed, so if the ISP router is 2G port, will negotiate to 1G only, now there is only two SFP ports and the Access Points will negotiate to 1G because are 1G Ethernet Port, now we are talking about wired data transfer, the wireless environment will be another thing.

Example:

Yarenis_0-1672858893219.png

Chat:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

MichaelH
New Contributor III

OK. So who do I call to get a license? Also, do I need to buy the connector for the fiber optic cable to plug into? The two SFP ports on my switch are empty.

Hi@MichaelH

The below link is to contact us , you can ask your query to the proper team related 

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

I contacted the 855 support number. The options announced are less than helpful. I spoke to one tech support person who told me I need to contact a reseller to get a license and SFP switch. If you identify as a Lennar Home customer, it just sends you back to the forum.

So what option am I supposed to use given that I need a license for the switch for higher data rates?

Hi @MichaelH

The SFP is a cable and SPF end that you need to purchase the ports are capable, but you're required to get those cables and SPF, now with the potential license purchase, we need to confirm with Sales, because Lennar Home clients do not have an account with support, I will back to you tomorrow with a potential resolution for that.

SFP:

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.