cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless data rates

MichaelH
New Contributor III

I have AT&T internet with 1 Gigabit data rate connected to the Ruckus R510. Would it be worth the money to upgrade to a new router with 2 Gigabit data rate? Would I see a big increase in the 5 Ghz wireless data flow?

Thanks.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yarenis

Hi @MichaelH

For the R510 and ICX7150 Switch the max port negotiation will be 1G, if are connected to a Router that can negotiate to more than 1G, they will only pass a maximum of 1G if data, also take into consideration that one thing is the port speed negotiation and the other is the speed of your internet.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Yarenis

Hi @MichaelH

For the R510 and ICX7150 Switch the max port negotiation will be 1G, if are connected to a Router that can negotiate to more than 1G, they will only pass a maximum of 1G if data, also take into consideration that one thing is the port speed negotiation and the other is the speed of your internet.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

MichaelH
New Contributor III

Thank you. So if I want greater rates, I will need to upgrade to a new switch. 

Hi @MichaelH 

Will not pass from 1G, now the ICX7150 have two SFP ports capable of 10G speed, but require purchasing a license, and you need to be connected to another device that is capable to run that speed, which normally are enterprise devices.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

MichaelH
New Contributor III

Hi Yarenis. Super. How do I obtain this license? I am planning on upgrading my AT&T service to 2GB+, but don't want to do until the Ruckus (or another device) will accept it.

Michael H