cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless data rates

MichaelH
New Contributor III

I have AT&T internet with 1 Gigabit data rate connected to the Ruckus R510. Would it be worth the money to upgrade to a new router with 2 Gigabit data rate? Would I see a big increase in the 5 Ghz wireless data flow?

Thanks.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yarenis

Hi @MichaelH

For the R510 and ICX7150 Switch the max port negotiation will be 1G, if are connected to a Router that can negotiate to more than 1G, they will only pass a maximum of 1G if data, also take into consideration that one thing is the port speed negotiation and the other is the speed of your internet.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

MichaelH
New Contributor III

Thanks. I will wait to buy the hardware until I know I can get the license,

M

Hi @MichaelH 

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

MichaelH
New Contributor III

Any updates on obtaining a license?

Hi @MichaelH 

Hope you are doing well 

I'll be checking this request but I was looking at some resellers and they go up to $750.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

$750 for a license to run up to 10 MBPS on an existing switch? Hm. Not sure about spending that kind of money on a two-year-old switch. I can buy a brand new ASUS AX6000 which will give me up to 6 MBPS for $270. I think I'll wait to see what the new AT&T Arris modem provides in coverage. My house is only about 1,800 square feet, so I may not need anything else, or maybe an AT&T provided extender.