cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet after Cable Modem Replacement and Factory Reset of R510

blichtenwalter
New Contributor

After replacing my cable modem to an Arris DB8200 my Ruckus R510 no longer connects to the internet.  My setup includes Arris DB8200 cable modem, Ruckus ICX 7150 switch, Ruckus R510.   After switching out the cable modem the Ruckus R510 WiFi was no longer visible.  Performed a factory reset of the Ruckus R510, went through the configuration wizard (Configure.Me).  After the configuration wizard was expecting to see my network, but the Ruckus R510 is still showing the Configure.Me network.  I've verified using my Laptop and an ethernet cable to the switch that the Internet exists and is stable.  In the R510 management site, the 'Switches' screen there's a red text message that says 'ICX Switch is Pending to join', 'Unleashed system only supports ICX firmware version 08.0.90 or later', 'Failed to auto recognize ICX IP address, please provide IP address to continue.'.   Let me know how to proceed, and if you want screenshots or photos of the devices.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @blichtenwalter 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after replacing the modem.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) 

ICX 7150 switch lights are all green.20231107_125832.jpg

R510 lights: PWR flashing green, CRL steady green.  No Amber lights on either. 

> May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? 

The R510 is connected to a top row downlink port.  The cable modem is connected to the top uplink port.  

20231107_125809.jpg

Hi @blichtenwalter 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it seems to be in a normal status. And as 2.4G and 5G lights are off, meaning the Access Point is not receiving the IP Address from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router.

As you mentioned about the modem, if your modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

If it’s connected to a Router or Modem-Router combo, I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable plug it into the correct port and try to connect to the Internet via Access Points. If required, please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the ISP Router.

Please confirm, check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

The blue cable (Arris Cable Modem) has been moved to the port (#3) next to the white cable (R510).  The switch was power cycled.  The Configure.Me network is visible as a WiFi network, still not seeing my network that was configured earlier today.  Should I run through the configuration wizard again?