cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon 5G internet connection

Mehazel
New Contributor

I recently switched to Verizon internet gateway/5G home internet and am trying to make sure my Ruckus system is connected. I have the ICX-7150-C12P. Does this work with the Verizon home internet box? How do I make sure it is working? Do I need a router in addition to the Verizon box? 

I currently have my ruckus connected to the Ethernet port that goes to my front “office” space, and then connected to the Verizon internet box from there. 

I would love someone to call if that’s available. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Mehazel

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

From the case description, I could understand that you have a RUCKUS Lennar home setup connected to a new ISP (Internet Service Provider) and want to know if it’s working. 

Yes, you need Router or Modem-Router combo from your ISP connected to the ICX-7150-C12P switch. And from the 12 Switch ports, you could connect your devices such as Access Points, smart devices, wired ethernet cables for your laptop/PC, etc.,

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for your response! 

In your experience, has the ruckus system worked with the Verizon 5G router box? I have it currently on my main floor connected through the Ethernet port, then have that connected to the ruckus which is downstairs. Will that work to connect? 

Hi @Mehazel

Thank you for the response.

Please find answers to your queries below:

In your experience, has the ruckus system worked with the Verizon 5G router box?

• Yes, the RUCKUS Lennar home setup should work with any 2.4G or 5G-enabled router. It is Not a router vendor specific.

I have it currently on my main floor connected through the Ethernet port, then have that connected to the ruckus which is downstairs. Will that work to connect? 

• Yes, it should work with proper cables and device setup as described in my previous post.  

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.