I am a network programmer and software engineer. I have inherited the Ruckus equipment due to a new home build by Lennar, but trying to come to grips that the ICX7150-C12 firmware seems to be a cripped or locked down version? or extinct hardware not supported by Ruckus?
I inquired tech support and they are quick to respond lennar support only available on the community only? I have reviewed the standard ICX7150 online documents and wanted to setup a couple VLANs on the switch.
Once it tried to get into the console, i had to reset the box as explained to no-password mode, but it seems to keep resetting so I cannot get into admin console, and the web interface seems locked down w/o a password?
I hope it is possible to login and make changes on the 'smart' switch? I do have access to the Ruckus Unleashed login, but looks like it's only to manage the APs (i have 2) but not the switch? I hope it's just user error and I can figure out a way to actually use some of the advanced features with this expensive hardware.
Thanks for any support or insight the community can provide.
Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.
Hope you are doing well!!!
Thank you for the information you shared.
As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in setting up RUCKUS devices.
Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation?
2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)
3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).
4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)
Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.
Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.
Hi Imran, nice to get your reply. I will answer your question below.
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? It is currently working in a default installation. Currently ATT Modem BGW-320 Fiber Default configuration. I was able to get to the switch console and now SSH capable. All ports are on VLAN 1
2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. All Green!
3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? All internet is working great. switch is getting DHCP from ATT modem currently. Prepping a new Ubiquity PoE-5 EdgeRouter to put ATT modem in passthrough.
4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? (2) Ruckus AP managing through Ruckus Unleased. Only 1 SSID shared by both. Like to create a Guest/IoT/Home vlan SSID.
Goals Create the following VLANS
Office (servers and IoT dev systems, embedded boards)
Home Data (family PCs, Laptops, Cell Phone SSID)
IoT network for all smart devices (should alexa go here?) can i put SSID on VLAN?
Guest Isolated net
Here is my rough out of physical network devices after I'm done. Today , it is just the ATT box direct to Ruckus/APs
I was able to get to the switch console, and watched a few videos on how to create VLANS. Not sure if this switch is capable of it, but seems layer 2 only features? My Router will setup all the routes in/out of VLANS?
Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.
Yes, you could create a separate SSIDs/Wi-Fi network for multiple usage ex: Guest, IoT devices, office, etc., from the RUCKUS Unleashed management system. However, VLANS could be created on a port-based. (I have included details at the end)