cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed App not connecting

Lepresean
New Contributor

Hi,

For some time i have had to put in a specific IP address of the Master AP into the login screen of the unleased app to to manage the access points.  Every few weeks this will fail as the Master IP address has changed and i need to go through the process if finding out the IP adress and updatding in the App.  2 questions, 1. is it normal for the IP address of hte Master to keep changing ?  and 2) if there any plan to not have to keep putting a specific address into the unleased app (like before) ?

Thanks very much 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Lepresean 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, that is the latest version. It may ask you to update sometimes even when the application is on the latest version when there is some cache or bug fix. As you have uninstalled and installed it should be fine.

Please let me know if you have any other queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos button and also accept the answer posts as an Accepted solution.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Lepresean 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are unable to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application as the IP address of the Master Access Points keeps changing.

Below are answers to your queries:

1. is it normal for the IP address of the Master to keep changing?

- Yes, it’s a normal behavior of IP assignment, since your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) DHCP server assigns a new IP address for your all local network devices connected to it. Not only for Access Points.

2.  if there any plan to not have to keep putting a specific address into the unleased app (like before)?

- Yes, we can directly log into the Unleashed Application using your Unleashed login username and password. (Please help us with the below details to assist you further in resolving this issue)

This is a known issue when your RUCKUS Access Points are on an older version which doesn’t let you log into the Unleashed application. To assist you in upgrading your RUCKUS Access Points please help us with the below details.

Please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ ? Please check the current version of your Unleashed Access Points and share a screenshot of the same.

Please make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Wi-Fi Network to access the same.

If you can’t access using the above link and don’t know the IP Address of the Access Points. Please refer to the below guide to find the IP Address of the Access Point to get the requested information.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

You should see the below-Unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in

Please check, and help us with the above-requested information, since we can upgrade the APs to avoid this issue, and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran, Thanks so much for your reply.   The AP's are on firware version 200.14.  I updated the "login destination" to the new IP address in the Ruckus App and clicking on the Upgrade option.  This is what i have to do every time i to login to the app as the IP address of the master seems to change every day.  My Ruckus App version on my IPhone is 11.140.1.  Please advice on next steps.  Thanks again 

Hi @Lepresean 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Please note, that it is not required to log in using the Master AP IP address as a login destination, you can log in using your username/password.

I suspect this issue is due to an older version on which your RUCKUS Access Points are currently. We suggest you upgrade your ALL RUCKUS R510 Access Points to version 200.14.6.1.203 which is recently released.

Please refer to the below videos for the Upgrade process:

RUCKUS Unleashed Online and Local Firmware Upgrade Configuration using Browser UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kasvo2S3fhc&t=217s

Please refer to the below video showing the process of Local Upgrade. (If online Upgrade does not work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqiH2Aoxlk&t=66s

Please refer to the below screenshot and LINK to download the file for Local Upgrade.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software?filter=91#sort=relevancy&f:@source=[Software%20Downloads]

Once you upgrade your ALL Access Points, please uninstall the Unleashed application and install the updated one. And try to log in.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

When i logged into the unleashed website and looked at my master/AP's, they were already on the latest 200.14.6.1.203.  So i just moved to your step of reinstalling the app on my phone and that made it all work ... THANKS SO MUCH.  I do have one more question.  When i try to access the "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" from my laptop, my browser always tells me not to acces this site as the "connection is not secure".  Is this normal and is there something i should do to make the connection secure ?  Thanks again very much