cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ping/connect to switch

schu0612
New Contributor

After noticing the access points were not being powered, I realized that the switch’s PoE was not functioning, with green power light and amber system light. 

Attempting to reset/restart just had amber blinking lights for hours.. I did follow the instructions found here, used both usb-c, and mgmt port with usb-ethernet cables. I did see that boot files were deleted. But at the point where I would need to verify the connection with ping, all with return with message that it’s not alive..

Is there any other way to load boot files/re-image the unbrick the switch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @schu0612

Thank you for the response and sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @schu0612

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As I could see from the picture you shared, for software recovery we need to plug in 2 cables. Type-C to USB and an Ethernet cable. As you have Not used an ethernet cable it’s unable to create a connection between the Switch and the Laptop/PC. Please connect an ethernet cable and try to perform software recovery once again. Please refer to the below pictures for connection setup (Also shared in my previous post).

Below are the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

When I realized that I should have used both, not just one, I thought this would work for sure.. But the result is the same. I have tried all possible server ip and I don't know what to do. It all says it is not alive.. What can I do? 

Do I need to separate them..? My laptop only has one usb port..Do I need to separate them..? My laptop only has one usb port..unnamed.jpg화면 캡처 2023-03-15 190751.png

Hi @schu0612

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please configure the same IP Address for ‘serverip’ and gatewayip’ and try again (please refer to the below screenshot)? That is 192.168.0.2 or the configured IP Address as described below.

Configure the same for your computer’s IP Address for the connected ethernet as described in the Software recovery link and in the screenshot below.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Capture1.JPG

Good afternoon, 

Instructions provided in all of the posts were what I initially followed and tried.

Screenshot from yesterday was to let you know that I was also trying other IP addresses to see if it pings.

What can I try next..?

Hi @schu0612

Thank you for the response and sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.