cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch stuck in boot mode and TFTP doesn't work

pedro1986
New Contributor

After power outage my 7150 C12p switch is stuck in boot mode. I tried to follow the TFTP instructions here: RUCKUS Forums - How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 s... - CommScope RUCKUS Community F...

however I can not ping the TFTP server and I tripled check everything. It always claims TFTP can't be pinged. Can I not do a copy from USB instead of using TFP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Pedro1986

Thank you for reaching out to Lennar Support switch is stuck in boot mode. For software recovery we only have option with TFTP currently.

If your Windows firewall is on , please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again.

Please refer to the below link on how to turn off the Windows firewall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

After trying the above again . Please help us with below details . 

1) Switch front panel picture 

2) Picture of console connection from PC to switch 

3) Output of 

• Run "Printenv " to confirm all details are correct including image information 
  • Run "update_primary" to check if the firmware is getting updated . Wait till the process ends and note if you are encountring error again or if the upgrade completes 
  • Please run "Show_image" to display the current image in the flash. 

Please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image for above details requested as shown in below picture.

s2.png

Thanks 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Pedro1986

Thank you for reaching out to Lennar Support switch is stuck in boot mode. For software recovery we only have option with TFTP currently.

If your Windows firewall is on , please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

After trying the above again . Please help us with below details . 

1) Switch front panel picture 

2) Picture of console connection from PC to switch 

3) Output of 

• Run "Printenv " to confirm all details are correct including image information 
  • Run "update_primary" to check if the firmware is getting updated . Wait till the process ends and note if you are encountring error again or if the upgrade completes 
  • Please run "Show_image" to display the current image in the flash. 

Please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image for above details requested as shown in below picture.

s2.png

Thanks 

Imran_ruckus

Hi @pedro1986 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that you are unable to perform software recovery of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As Chandini mentioned, could you please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again? Also, help us with the other queries posted by Chandini.

Please help us with the screenshots if there are any errors and let us know if you are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

pedro1986
New Contributor

I actually figured it was Windows firewall shortly after I posted this, but unfortunately forgot to update. I have my switch back up and we can close this case. These steps may be a little out of reach for a typical home owner. 

Hi @pedro1986 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We have tried to create the guides as non-technical as possible so that they are not much difficult to follow. Please feel free to reach us on the Lennar Home Community forum for future queries. We are happy to help you.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.