cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch and AP down after power glitch

nataliebear04
New Contributor

We had a power glitch and the switch and access point are completely down. This happened in the past and I used to be able to reset but not this time. AP has no power from the switch. I tried to reset the switch but all lights are stuck blinking amber continuously. Tried to console in with no luck

17 REPLIES 17

nataliebear04
New Contributor

The switch and AP has been down all day. Tried to reset and console in all day long with no luck. All the status lights are continuously blinking amber color lights. It seems like the switch is stuck trying to boot and won’t boot all the way to get anywhere.

Hi @nataliebear04 

Greetings of the day,

To solve this issue please try to reset your switch again ( this process sometimes needs to be done multiple times ) as mentioned below.

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi Jayavidhya,

I tried resetting again this morning by removing the power, holding the reset and plugging the cable back in, release when all system lights are blink Amber and nothing is happening. All system lights just continue to blink Amber. It’s been stuck doing that all night after I tried to reset it multiple times yesterday as well. 

Hi @nataliebear04 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the image of the switch showing the LED status using the below method.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community