cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch and AP down after power glitch

nataliebear04
New Contributor

We had a power glitch and the switch and access point are completely down. This happened in the past and I used to be able to reset but not this time. AP has no power from the switch. I tried to reset the switch but all lights are stuck blinking amber continuously. Tried to console in with no luck

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Jayavidhya,

here is the picture. It’s blinking those status lights

IMG_6183.jpeg

Hi @nataliebear04 

As per the images you have shared, the ethernet cables coming from the Router are plugged into the wrong ports on the Switch panel. They must be plugged into any of the 12 ports.  Please unplug the ethernet cables, plug them into any of the 12 ports. Once you are done with process please disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet and reboot the switch.

Note : you will see a light come on when a device is connected via Ethernet on 1 of the 12 ports available.

Here I will leave a short guide how to connect the devices properly : 

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi Jayavidhya,

that yellow cable is not going to a router. It’s my console cable I have plug in. It’s still not working with the console cable removed. 

Hi @nataliebear04 

Please check the switch by replacing the power cord to check whether the power cord has been working fine or not.

If trying with another power cord also didn’t power on the Switch, please plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a power outlet and send us a picture of it showing the light status, and cord connected to the Switch and power outlet. Please refer to the below picture as an example.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi Jayavidhya,

we don’t have another power cable. But the switch is getting power? Since there is amber light. It’s just not booting all the way in? I’m not sure what the purpose of a different power cable will accomplished?