cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow wifi

ashleedif
New Contributor

To preface, I do not speak technology. But I spent over 10 hours yesterday trying to fix this issue on my own by reading this forum and other Ruckus documents.

The past two weeks or so, my internet has been extremely slow (webpages very slow to load or not loading at all, Hulu will not stream, etc.). I have checked with my internet provider (Spectrum) and confirmed that their equipment is working properly.

I have three APs throughout the house and 1 switch (Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P). All of the cables to the switch show a green light. For most of the day yesterday, the power lights to all APs were green, and the CTL was off completely. This morning, the CTL light for the master AP and 1 other AP is yellow, but for the third AP it is off.

My unleashed dashboard shows that the switch is disconnected. I spent most of yesterday following instructions to reconnect it, but am unable to do because I cannot find the switch IP--and, I already tried locating the current switch IP using these instructions: How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications...

Can anyone please help?

21 REPLIES 21

ashleedif
New Contributor

Here are some pictures of the devices in their current state:

Unleashed 1.png

Unleashed 2.png

Ruckus 1.jpg

Ruckus 2.jpg

Ruckus 3.jpg

  

Ruckus 4.jpg

Hi @ashleedif 

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope this message finds you well.

Based on the details you provided and the screenshot you shared, it appears that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch is experiencing intermittent internet connectivity issues. 

From the pictures light status and cable connections of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and Access Points seems normal. However, I see the screenshot you shared, your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is booted on the SPR Code (refer to the below screenshot) causing these issues.

For a resolution, please consult the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article available at the following link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

This resource provides a detailed troubleshooting guide for addressing the SPR code issue.

If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions during the troubleshooting process, please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

ashleedif
New Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me quickly. My problem is that I'm stuck at step 1 (locating the "current" IP address for the switch). I've followed all of your guides on accessing the IP through the IP scanner and through connecting cables to the switch itself, but I am still unable to find the IP address of the switch. Are there any other ways I can find the IP address of the switch?

Hi @ashleedif,

Thank you for your prompt response and the update.

Please perform a reboot of both your ISP (Internet Service Provider's) router and the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch by unplugging them from the power outlet and then reconnecting them. After the reboot, please attempt the IP scan again.

Review the IP scan results for addresses associated with Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to identify the correct IP address for the switch. Attempt to access the switch using this IP address.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community