cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Issues with Ruckus Switch ICX 7150 - ports turn off after couple minutes

llfreedman
New Contributor

Lennar home user. Never had any issues with my switch and access points for five years. Appears switch is suddenly failing. Ports will power off after a couple minutes every time I try to reboot. The switch box is also pretty hot. I think its.dying. help!!!!

18 REPLIES 18

nicole
New Contributor II

Hello @IIfreedman 🙂

Your switch may be failing, as indicated by the fact that it is overheating and cutting off ports. What you can do is as follows:

• To check if it helps, unplug the switch from the power source, give it a few minutes, and then connect it back in.
  • Make sure every cable is secure and undamaged.
  • To avoid overheating, make sure the switch is in a ventilated area.
  • Look for and install any firmware upgrades,
  • It may have to be replaced if the issue continues and the switch stays hot.

Hi Nicole — Thanks for the response.  I have tried to unplug and let it cool off many times.  Unfortunately, the same issue continues to happen.  Cables are all secure and undamaged.  

I also don't believe it's a firmware issue because it does work a little bit, but then in less than an hour the ports lose power/internet.  I went down the whole firmware rabbit hole, doesn't sound like that's the issue. 

Hoping Ruckus can chime in here because I do have a lifetime warranty. 

pinky_ruckus

Hello @llfreedman ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that your Ruckus setup is not working and Switch is overheating and turning off.

We would request you to please perform hard reset on the Switch using a paper clip.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to hard reset the Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Pinky —   Thanks so much for the response. Unfortunately, I tried it but had the same issue 😞