cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos Sub Gen3 pairing issues with Arc and Ruckus Unleased

Awp23
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been reading a few articles about some of the default settings that Ruckus APs utilize and have been experiencing what appears to be a common problem for those with a similar setup to me where my Sonos Sub won't pair properly with the Arc (I get the Arc +? issue).  I proceeded to login to my master AP with Putty and change some config settings (disabled directed multicast, enabled spanning tree protocol).  I also went onto my router (tp-link wired) and enabled UPnP and IGNP Proxy, but I still get the same issue where my Sub won't stay paired with my Arc.  

Am I missing something? Should I reboot my router and my APs and try again?  My sub pairs with the Arc now (which normally it wouldn't even pair on first attempt) but it won't stay paired.  I saw another post where someone with other APs needed to also disable mcast on the ports for the specific AP model, but I tried that and CLI wouldn't let me change port settings for the R510.  Any other ideas or tips (wired ethernet is not an option)?

Thanks!

Anthony

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Gordo_GT 

As you can see in the guide, you use the user and then the IP address of the Access Point, in the guide example the User of the Access Point is super, however, this will change according to the one you used to access the Application, once you gain access will request the password, and then you can run the commands for the configuration.

Yarenis_1-1670623985276.png

>enable

Ap-mode

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 igmp disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 igmp disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 classification disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 classification disa

ruckus(ap-mode)#
ruckus(ap-mode)# quit

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Thanks. This worked for me. My issue is now resolved. Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of qos being enabled by default?

Hi @Gordo_GT 

The next document provides more details.

Multicast support in Ruckus

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001236

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Hi, I'm experiencing this same issue but the only computers to which I have admin rights are MacOS. Putty and Mobaxterm seem to be Windows only. Are there any recommendations? I tried executing SSH commands via the terminal app but I wasn't successful (novice).

Hi @Gordo_GT 

With MAC there is no need to use an external APP, you can check the next steps to gain access to the Master Access Points.

Note: Please read the guides carefully before start the troubleshooting.

1:Find the Master IP address, from the Unleashed APP, or check the next guide:

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2:Gaining access to the Access Points via SSH:

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández