cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software recovery steps

Dhill1015
New Contributor III

I've got to the port step before boot and recover software.  Unable to connect to port between switch and laptop.  Ive made sure the ethernet cable is plugged into slot 13 and plugged into the laptop.  When seach through the device manager for the com port number.  When I go to Putty and change the port to the com port number it wont connect.  Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26

Dhill1015
New Contributor III

Now what?

Hi @Dhill1015 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As you mentioned, you have configured the SSID/WLAN from Unleashed, you should be able to see and connect to that Wi-Fi network from any of your devices with a working and stable internet connection. As only PWR and CTL lights are green, meaning you are not getting an IP address assigned to the APs from the ISP Router since the 2.4G and 5G lights are off. (Please refer to the below link for more information)

https://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.3/R510.html

Please check your Internet Connection from ISP (Internet Service Provider) and if the ethernet cable coming from ISP Router is connected to 1 in-12 ports on the Switch panel.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

When I reset the AP as instructed I unplugged all of the other cables leaving the POE connected to the Ruckus and AP.  Once the lights came back on I plugged in the cables I removed back from the Ruckus.  Leaving only the PWR and CTL lights on.  Before I had all the lights on except the AIR at which I was instructed to reset the AP.  I feel like its worse now then it was before.  What do I need to do now?

Hi @Dhill1015 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the switch showing the light status and port connections)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? 

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I have taken photos of the Ruckus and Access Point.  I tried to drag and drop the photo, I also tried selecting the camera and at which point it tells me I don't have permission to upload images.  Will you allow me permission to upload images.