cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

veno77
Contributor
This is total bullshit... we stopped offering any Ruckus devices to potential new customers till this is ever resolved, which I am not sure it will be!

Couldn't agree with you more!  For a company in this day and age to have a major flaw like this go unfixed for months on end is the kiss of death.  We've been selling AP's on eBay while we can.  If Ruckus goes out of business they'll be worthless.

richard_martin_
New Contributor III
I just picked up some TP-Link Omada 245’s, arriving Saturday to replace my r510’s. I opted for these over the Ubiqiti’s, for a 2 story home setup. Anyone have experience with Ubiqiti or TP-link as a ruckus replacement?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hello,

I'm on your side and I'm sharing your test results/feedback with Eng/QA, and we appreciate your TAC case logs.
This is a very important issue for us, and we're looking at every possible interaction between client/AP/target.
The one aspect that appears to be most relevant is the speed issue on single TCP streams.  There is ongoing
debugging happening in our labs, and I'll share info asap here.

Hi Michael,

Problem is there are no transparency in Ruckus replies. This topic was created 8 month ago, and only after half a year Ruckus acknowledged, that there is something here. People provided logs and literally any information Ruckus asked.

And where are we now? There are no information about what's happening, no technical info, no status updates, no information about nature of the problem, no information about will or will not this problem is scheduled for fix.

"We are on it" for half a year is horrible in terms of transparency. Even after starting loosing clients, there are still no real information about it.

The one aspect that appears to be most relevant is the speed issue on single TCP streams.  There is ongoing
debugging happening in our labs, and I'll share info asap here
This looks like no info for me. And the further it goes, the more it looks like Ruckus just dont care about Unleashed firmware problems. For 6 months we see information was passed to technical department, but nothing changes.

If Ruckus decided to abandon active support of Unleashed firmware, just tell that and people will have actual information and will be able to decide what to do.

Telling nothing is horrible habit without any respect and care to your customers.