cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

What's your ticket number Rich? 

The bug I'm following keeps pointing back to Speedflex test tool not reporting accurately since 200.7.  (NOTE: Use other tools for testing please)

What model AP, what client, and what tool(s) are you using to measure your throughtput?  Just between client <-> AP, or to the Internet thru your WAN link?

And I admit some bias, as an NPI engineer for Unleashed, I feel it's a very flexible/recoverable/mesh capable low cost no controller solution for 1 - 25 APs.

Michael. I appreciate your reply. As stated in the comment above, my Case ID: is 01031906. 7150-c12p switch, r510 WAPS.

Using the non-ported version of SpeedFlex, I’m getting 1/3 to 1/4 download to upload speed. This only happens on WPA protected networks after 200.6. Using an open network, I’ll get full speed regardless of the tool used. (Even SpeedFlex)

The speed difference is evident on all tools used. Iperf, stand-alone SpeedFlex and all commercial Speedtest apps. If it’s only the SpeedFlex tool, why is it different on protected vs unprotected networks?

Pardon my frustration, but after my representative closed the ticket after I specifically requested he didn’t, I felt blown off. , I fee like it’s going to be another year til we have a solution.

Seems as though at least some of the Ruckus Engineers and Staff are too quickly conflating 2 issues seen with the one confirmed issue they know. 

1. Speedflex test tool not reporting accurately since 200.7
2. Wave 2 AP's demonstrating slowdowns since 200.4 identifiable on iperf and other testing methods beyond Speedflex.

I'm getting very similar download results using speedflex or speedtest.net.  This thus seems an issue with the AP not being able to pass through full download speeds.
I'm using an R710 and an R720 unleashed.

Michael - which Speedflex tool do they say is broken?  I get very different results from the freestanding Speedflex iPhone app than I get from the Speedflex function integrated in the Unleashed app or the web GUI. 

Only the freestanding Speedflex mobile app reflects the downstream throughput issues I see with commercial Speedtests.