cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the Switch from scratch.

RobertoHMJr
New Contributor

Just moved to a Lennar house,  with a  ICX-7150-C12 switch, and two Ruckus R510 WAPs.  The switch was with status led yellow and no power on APs.  Following the tutorials around here I managed to flash a new boot and new firmware,  but now it seems there is no configuration at all on the main switch. The AP's came to live showing Lennar_____???  ID , I connected the ISP to one of the 12 ports on switch but nothing happens. 

What would be the next step to setup the switch?   How to configure the the R510 APs?

1 REPLY 1

pinky_ruckus

Hello @RobertoHMJr ,

Greetings!
Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are looking for assistance with your RUCKUS  setup.

Please verify the connections from the access points and ICX 7150 -C12 P that the cable seems to be in good conditions. Also, the ethernet cable should be connected to 1 of 12 ports in the switch.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

We suggest you to  perform a factory reset on the access point and establish a new Wi-Fi network/SSID.

Note: If you have multiple Access Points (APs) in your home, please go to the Ruckus Switch, disconnect from its ports the Ethernet cables of all the Access Points, except the one that you are going to work with. Once the process is finished, connect back to the Ruckus Switch the access points that you disconnected before, and they will connect into the network automatically after a few minutes.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to factory reset the AP and create new Wi-Fi network.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.