cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R320 Access Point no power

evillalp
New Contributor

There is no power but the switch lights are all green. What is the next step?

27 REPLIES 27

Imran_ruckus

Hello @evillalp 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I trust this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding your RUCKUS setup concerns with no power to the RUCKUS Access Points.

To assist you better, could you please address the following queries?

1. If the RUCKUS setup previously functioned correctly, did you experience any power outages prior to encountering this issue?

2. Upon inspecting your switch while it's connected to the power source, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly specify which lights are active. For visual reference, please refer to the image below and provide a picture displaying the status of lights on your ICX-7150-C12P Switch, along with a comprehensive view of cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos, kindly log in to your RUCKUS account and utilize the provided platform for image submission.

Please ensure you address all the aforementioned queries and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

evillalp
New Contributor

1 switch.jpg

As you can see there are only Green lights.

evillalp
New Contributor

We did have a power outage and that is when we were having issues. I followed the steps to restart the switch and I had to do that about 9 times. The switch then was back to having all green lights but the Access Point had and continues to have zero lights on.

Hello @evillalp 

Thank you for your response and for providing the information.

Based on the current status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch's lights, it appears to be functioning normally. However, it's possible that the ports on the switch may have been disabled, leading to issues with transmitting Power over Ethernet (PoE) through them.

To address this issue, I recommend referring to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article linked below. This resource provides troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

Link to Knowledge Base Article: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Please follow the outlined process, and feel free to reach out if you encounter any difficulties or require further assistance.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community