cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up 2.4GHz client for devices that require this signal

jredding2308
New Contributor II

I recently installed a Hitron router from Mediacom to my Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch Mesh System and I believe the switch is only sending out a 5ghz signal??  Not sure, as I am not technical?  I only have one choice for network, not a 5ghz and 2.4ghz.  I want to connect devices like Schlage Lock, Honeywell thermostat, Blink Cameras and Sync module, etc.  In particular the Blink system, as it will only work on 2.4ghz.  Again, I am NOT computer tech savvy and this is driving me crazy!  I cannot figure it out!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The upgrade worked and my Unleashed iOS app is operational!

View solution in original post

Hi @jredding2308 

Thank you for the response.

Great!!! Good to know that you have upgraded the APs and now you can log into the Unleashed application.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the troubleshooting answers Accepted solution.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Jayavidhya

Hi @jredding2308 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description.

For further troubleshooting steps please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

IMG_E7249.JPGFinished Basement R510.JPGIMG_7247.JPG

First R510 pic is the one in our finished basement, the second is upstairs on main level.

Hi @jredding2308 

Based on the images you have shared it seems like the light status on the switch and the access points are in normal state. Please let us know whether you have any internet issues or not.

Also to connect to 5Ghz please connect any of your devices to 5g network and check whether it is working or not.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello - All my 5ghz devices connect automatically.  It's the 2.4ghz required devices that are giving me problems.  I do not have separate 5ghz and 2.4ghz networks set up to choose from when connecting to the Ruckus Mesh Network?  That is what I would like to do, as I was able to do this on my older non-Ruckus network.  As you can see in the pic, I only have one choice - Livin Fore Shore.  My old system choices were Livin4Shore 2.4ghz and Livin4Shore 5ghz.IMG_7253.PNG