cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second AP Disconnects the Network

Arkham102
New Contributor

I have three 510 WAPs that all lost power.  I followed the steps to reset the AP and successfully reset one 510 and it is not the Master.  From what I read, once that one is setup and working the other two should auto connect when plugged into the switch.  Anytime I plug in a second 510 the network disappears and I have to power cycle the switch to reboot it.  I cannot figure out how to add my other two WAPs to my network.  

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Arkham102 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying to reset your RUCKUS Access Points.

Please note, the Access Point on which you perform the reset by a paper clip will become the Master. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help guide explaining the factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

PLEASE NOTE: As you have 3 Access Points in your case, remove the cables of any TWO Access Points, and perform the factory reset on the ONE connected access point which will become MASTER. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and they will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

When I plug the other two back in it shuts off the Master and it again has no power and the network disappears.

Hi @Arkham102 

Thank you for the information shared.

Please try to perform the factory reset once again on another Access Point and check.

Please let me know if that works.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @Arkham102 

Greetings of the day!!!

Hope you are doing good.

Could you please update on the status of the issue?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi