cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWITCH STILL WONT CONNECT AFTER SEVERAL BOOT SEQUENCE & RELOADING ATTEMPTS

samanthacook176
New Contributor

ICX7150-C12 still boots from partition #2 vs partition #1 AFTER SEVERAL BOOT SEQUENCE & RELOADING ATTEMPTS. Its still showing as a "router" and not a "switch"

I followed these steps in this forum which usually work after every power outage when this happens, but not this time after multiple attempts: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

My ICX7150-C12 still boots from partition #2 vs partition #1 like its supposed to and is reading as a "router" vs a "switch" like its supposed to.

I have the correct IP address and serial number if needed upon request.

PLEASE HELP TO GET MY SWITCH RECONNECTED

18 REPLIES 18

Imran_ruckus

Hi, 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared,

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS switch is stuck on the routing code.

As you mentioned, you have obtained the Switch IP Address, please log in to the CLI as described below and help us with the below queries to assist further.

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Please allow me to paste my screenshot! This is horrible customer service. Please call me or allow me to post my screenshot so that you can help

Hi  

Thank you for the response.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is still running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshots. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

We suggest you upgrade your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Please let us know once you complete the above process to assist you with the Upgrade of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.