cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rukus wifi extender not coming on after power surge

Edrisgarcia4182
New Contributor

Hello. We had a power surge here in my home. After reading reading the comments here in the forum, I have read I must reset my system. The box comes on, but the extender that is on the ceiling itself does not come on at all. The directions provided does, state how long I must hold the paper clip in the when I put the power cord back in. I see amber lights in with or without the paper clip in the tiny hole. Please advise how long I must keep the paper clip in when I plug in the cord. It is not on standy mode. Please Advise. 

4 REPLIES 4

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Edrisgarcia4182 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your Ruckus AP is not working after the power outage.

As you have mentioned that the switch is working and there are no lights in the access points, it is always good to check if the PoE is disabled or not.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to check if the PoE is disabled and to fix the issue if it is disabled.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Please follow the process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Edrisgarcia4182  ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Edrisgarcia4182 ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

pinky_ruckus

Hi @Edrisgarcia4182 ,

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community