cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruclus ICX7150-c12P wont boot up

sckoshe
New Contributor

When I power up only the SYST (yellow) light and the pwr (green) light is lit. I have done a hard reboot and total reset and nothing works. When I hold the reset button in and power up all the light flash once and the STST (yellow) light and the pwr (green) light stay on and when I release it does the same thing. What else can I try to get this to boot?

35 REPLIES 35

I went ahead and did the following and it ended with a ICX7150-C12 SWITCH> prompt and the CLI. Is this complete? Am I ready to test by powering the switch down then back up to give it a try? I now have all my lights on the front of the switch.

Is there anything else i need to do?

sckoshe_0-1707178399797.png

you've left me hanging. Its been 2 weeks since i last heard from you. Still getting error that says:"## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Hi @sckoshe 

Greetings!!!

Apologies for the delay in response as I was on an emergency leave.

Thank you for the response and for sharing the information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Sorry, Ive been on travel and leaving again march 5th. I'm not to sure if its my fault, im just not sure how to use the TFTP server. It comes up in loopback and i dont know if i need to change the IP address or leave in in loopback.

sckoshe_0-1708982298186.png

I think I have it.  Had to do a reset on the switch to initiate the boot process. Came up with a router prompt. I then typed in:

-Enable

-copy flash flash secondary

- Boot system flash secondary

pressed Y and pressed Y again.

Looks like it might be working

sckoshe_1-1708983684867.png