cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus switch not working (i think)

relingburg
New Contributor III

i have a lennar home, a ruckus switch, 2 APs, and for a week now, we have not been able to get a connection through the switch. lights are on on the APs, the network shows up but once connected, you're offline. it makes no sense. i have no idea what to do, ruckus will not help me, and i need my internet in order to get my job done. as another user said, the "instructions" provided here are way over my head, i think it's ridiculous that it's taking me this long to get the issue resolved, and i still see no end in sight. can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @relingburg 

Please run the next commands to fix the routing code issue, when the switch comes back, or you have time you can upgrade to the code 08095g, however, after running the commands that I will provide the slow connectivity will be fixed.

Commands:

enable   

copy flash flash secondary  

write memory

Boot system flash primary yes

Example and explanation:

ICX7150-C12 Router>enable   

ICX7150-C12 Router>show flash  (you can confirm in which partition you have the correct code that will start with SPS example: SPS08080f.bin normally will be your primary partition)

ICX7150-C12 Router#copy flash flash secondary  (this will copy what is in your primary code to the secondary)

ICX7150-C12 Router# write memory

ICX7150-C12 Router#show flash  (now both partitions must start with the SPS before the code type)

ICX7150-C12 Router#Boot system flash primary yes 

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

Hi @relingburg

Thank you for the response and update.

Great!!!

Now your Switch has been upgraded to the latest stable Version SPS 8095g on both Primary and Secondary partitions.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

why is my switch still red on the app?

E1B1441E-5EF3-41E6-97FB-392ECD32C081.png

Hi @relingburg

It will take some time to get the Switch synchronize with the Access Points/Unleashed. Kindly check after some time.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

it’s been 12 hours… it still says connecting on the app, and is labeled as “router.” how long does it take to sync? 

965B5396-63CC-43CA-B98C-CEB618C2FD19.png

Hi @relingburg

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and update. 

As your Switch is showing as pending/connecting it could be for multiple reasons, (Please refer to the below picture)

Please follow the below steps to get Switch in sync with Unleashed. We will delete the Switch from Unleased and Add it back.

Steps to synchronize the Switch (ICX-7150-C12P) to the unleashed Access Points:

Switch side:

Make sure the management approval is enabled.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-A887C55E-6973-4496-9413-302E8...

Access Points (unleashed) :

On the Unleashed dashboard

1- Remove the existing Switch from the Unleashed (Please refer to the below picture):

2-Hit Add on that dashboard 

3-Put the IP address of the ICX switch (ICX-7150-C12P) and Password– If you don’t know the IP Address of the Switch. Please perform the below command from the Switch CLI to get the same.

Device>enable
Device#show ip address 

4-Username and password for Switch authentication are the same as what you use to log in for Switch on Web or CLI (Putty). 

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-30C6694A-6AEE-4DF8-9459-1AB18...

To sync the data, it will take us a while, so after a couple of minutes, it should say connected. 

Once the Switch gets synchronized, please check the dashboard again.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.