cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus no longer broadcasting wifi

james_aguimatan
New Contributor II
I have a new Lennar home with a Ruckus switch icx 7150-c12p, which is then hardwired to 2 different R510 APs. My ISP is Spectrum and I am using the Spectrum router. Our neighborhood had a power outage and since then I have been unable to locate my Ruckus WiFi network. I still have WiFi access via the Spectrum router and internet access by directly connecting to an Ethernet port through the Ruckus system. When I try to connect via the app it says “you are not connected to unleashed network.”

I contacted Lennar and they sent someone from Smart System Technologies (SST) as they are supposedly the ones that install in these homes. All the guy did was do a power recycle and verify all the connections were working but he was unable to fix the issue. He said the APs are connected and should be working but he couldn’t figure out why he couldn’t locate the network. He was thinking the switch malfunctioned after the power outage and is sending someone else to replace it.

Is it a bad idea to attempt a factory reset? Any other suggestions? Appreciate any feedback.
13 REPLIES 13

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi James,

Since you have mentioned "I still have WiFi access via the Spectrum router and internet access by directly connecting to an Ethernet port through the Ruckus system" so below things should be fine.

1- Device is definitely getting power.
2- Bridge of the AP is working (Indicating AP is functional) and that's how you are able to access internet when connecting to APs eth port directly.

Now try connecting laptop on AP's 2nd port directly and see what IP you are getting.

Note down the IP and subnet mask and then run any IP scanner application and scan the same IP  subnet.

In the result you should see the IPs of both APs, once you get the IP address, access the IP from browser or using putty (CLI).

Once you get access, run below commands to check the Unleashed status and WLAN status.

For Unleashed master AP (follow the sequence):

enable
show sysinfo
ap-mode
get director ip
get version
get wlanlist
get election

If you login to member AP:

get director ip
get version 
get wlanlist
get election

If you could get above details then we will have better understanding about current status and what should be the next possible action to fix the WiFi.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

james_aguimatan
New Contributor II
I was actually able to get my network back and running through help from above yesterday. But I will keep this in mind if I have issues again. Thanks!

glenn_v
New Contributor II
I have the exact same situation and issue as the original poster. When the power came back on, the LED lights in our 2 APs are all off. I turned off/on the ICX switch but still the issue persists. I have a Ring Doorbell and a smart lock connected to the ports in the switch and they are functioning properly. But the 2 AP cables even if I relocate both to other unused ports are still not working and the LED lights in the switch are not turning on. I even tried unplugging and plugging  the cable back in the PoE ports on one of the APs but still none of its 5 LEDs turns on.

glenn_v
New Contributor II
The issue was fixed. I contacted Ruckus Support and they remotely connected to my switch and re-configured the PoE. Thanks for the awesome support!