cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****Ruckus indoor ap

BD
New Contributor II

The Ruckus in my home is working perfectly, however the indoor ruckus AP is completely dark.  One day it was working just fine and the next day it was not; none of the lights are lit. I tried to reset the Ruckus hoping that it would reset the AP.  It did reset, however the lights turned off after only a few seconds.  Because of this my guest network is not working and I have also lost connection to my ring doorbell.  I do not believe that it was struck by lightning however I am curious to know what is going on.  We moved into our home in 2018 and everything was brand new when we moved in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm after performing the reset of the Access Point, and checking all the connectivity and connections, the failure persists. And this is the only ONE access point that isn’t working with No Power on it even after checking with an external power adapter it behaves the same. This ONE Access Point Unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Imran_ruckus

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that ONE of your RUCKUS Access Points is not working.

Could you please unplug and plug the ethernet cables from the Switch ports into any 12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

Thank you for your prompt reply!  I finally had an opportunity to try our your suggestion.  Unfortunately, moving ethernet cables to the 12 highlighted ports above did not work.  My indoor AP is still completely down.  I went a step further and even tried to reset both the Ruckus and the Indoor AP by depressing the reset button on both devices, but no luck with this either.  Any idea what could be wrong?

Hi @BD 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please try to connect the Access Point by connecting it to an external power 12 VDC adapter to connect to the R510 Access Point and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable? (Please refer to the below screenshot) and check if it powers on. Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Please check the Access Point following the above process and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

Thank you Imran.  I will give this a try as soon as I can.  I do need some additional assistance in the meantime however.  Can you please inform me on how I can remove the access point from the ceiling?  It is currently mounted and even when I stand on a ladder, I cannot access any of the above ports.  Also, if I connect the AP to a different power source and it does turn on, what should I do then?  Inversely, what should I do if it does not turn on?