cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus icx 7150-c12p (Lennar Homes) Stopped Sending Power after Power Outage

Mauri21
New Contributor

In early February, I experienced a power outage in the neighborhood.  After the power outage, my ICX 7150 unit stopped supplying my home devices with power.  I did multiple resets on the unit, but the problem remains.  No power comes out of the unit.

This is what I see in the unit:

• Power and System lights are GREEN
  • Amber lights in Ports 8, 10, 12
  • No lights in Ports 1 and 2 where I have 3 cables that are supposed to supply power to devices like my Ring

Does my unit need to get replaced or reconfigured?  What is the process for that?

PLease let me know

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Jayavidhya

Hi @Mauri21 

Greeting of the day,

As you have mentioned, the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, the SYST and PWR lights are steady green, which means the lights are in a normal state.

Since the switch is in the normal state you can take Console access to the switch in order to verify, if the switch is able to transfer the power to PoE devices via 12 ports.

For better understanding of the issue, we have to get access to the switch, and there are Two ways to get access to the switch.

1. I) By IP Address of the Switch OR
  2. II) By Console Access to the Switch

1. By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

enable

Show version

Show inline power

Show inline power detail

1. By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow up the same steps that are on point '2'

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I appreciate the detailed response, but I'm not a technical person.  I don't believe I'm capable of doing what you recommend in your response.  Can you send a technician?  Is there technical support?

It's a bit fustrating because I can't do the stuff you suggest.  Please send me the contact information of technical service that can debug and resolve this issue

Thanks!

Hi @Mauri21 

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. 
We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model.
We have tried to create the guides as non-technical as possible, so that they are not difficult to follow; however, if you continue to have difficulty following the steps, 
I would recommend that you seek outside help or a technician.

Please try to follow the guides and let us know if you have any issues.

Also please share the screenshot of the error you are facing while trying to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Where do I find a technician?  Please explain

Thanks!