cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unit in Ceiling Has No Power

Abrewer123
New Contributor

Hi there. My Ruckus unit will not turn back on since the power was disconnected. I unplugged everything in my internet hub to restart and since then, the unit in the ceiling has been dead. The unit in the hub has a green light but according to my internet provider who came out to try to help, power is not being sent to the ceiling device. Everything has been restarted multiple times. I am not very "tech savvy" and need help on how to get it work again. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Abrewer123 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and Access Points do not have power.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and the cable connections to the Switch)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for your quick response. 

1. It was working before I unplugged all the power to the internet area. 

2. There are two lights on. I will upload the picture.

3. There are two access points and I will include that picture. 

Ruckus Power.jpgBoth units show no powerBoth units show no power

Hi @Abrewer123 

Thank you for the information you shared,

As we can see from the screenshot you shared, there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch. Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET DOESN'T WORK, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

IF STILL RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I followed the steps and all the amber lights just keep blinking non-stop even after I complete a reset. What do I do next?