cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch is no longer working.

wlobbjr
New Contributor

I have purchased a Lennar home, with Ruckus equipment. I have had SST which is the installation company Lennar uses out to check the system. The SST tech informed me that the Ruckus switch is the problem and I will need a new Ruckus switch. I have sent a request to customer support, I was just informed that this needed to be checked by a Ruckus engineer.  How do I get this done. Thank you 

37 REPLIES 37

Yarenis

Hi  @wlobbjr

Please describe what is the issue you have with the switch.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Hello Good Day

The problem is that the internet / wif just stops working. Anything that is either hardwired or attached to the Ruckus wifi in the house just stops working. I then switch to the Cox Cable router / wifi directly and everything works. The tech for SST did a software update on the Ruckus system and that did not solve the problem. I have placed a Netgear 8 port POE switch in place of the Ruckus switch and everything has been working fine again. So I know that the 2 Ruckus wifi access points I have in the house are working fine, and everything that is hardwired to the ethernet points in the house are working fine as well. 

Hi @ wlobbjr

Please connect the ICX7150 Switch to the COX router to be online, and follow the guide I am going to share, because the way you describe the problem is that the switch is booting from the routing code partition and it can be fixed, please follow the guide, if you have any problem please share the errors.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Good Day

I just ran thru the instructions sent and according to the switch, it was already booting from the SPS and not the SPR. I rcvd no error messages.