cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 ports not working

jegbai
New Contributor

We just bought a Lennar built home and discovered that the ICX 7150 is not functioning. The previous owner said he never also used it.  I have 2 Access points connected to this switch. The switch powers up but the ports do not have any power and not also transmitting data. This means my APs are not powering up. I also connected a computer to the switch to confirm that the ports work but there was no connectivity. I have troubleshooted this down to the switch since I have eliminated a possibility that the cables may be the issue. I have used a different switch and this worked. How can I get support for this?

9 REPLIES 9

jegbai
New Contributor

Hello,

I went through the 2 solutions proffered, but non worked. After resetting the switch, all light continued flashing endlessly, until i power cycled the switch and it will be back to the amber and green light again ( stock in boot mode). I tried this a number of times and it still did not work before I proceeded to solution 2.

I downloaded all the required software and the firmware update, connected the the switch with RJ45 to my laptop and USB-USBC to laptop as well. After entering the commands in PuTTY, the ping on 192.168.0.2 ( which is my laptop) return not alive, meaning there was no connection to the switch from my laptop.

Please advice next steps. I f you need images, please enable image sending so I can share.

SAMMYT
New Contributor

running into same issue, any steps would be greatly appreciate it.

Hi @jegbai ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for sharing the response.

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding your efforts to perform software recovery on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As you mentioned that you are getting a 'ping not alive' error during the software recovery process, we recommend temporarily disabling the Windows firewall. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article on Fixing “host 192.168.0.x is not alive” error during the Switch Software Recovery Process

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Please note, you must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together for Software Recovery process as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further concerns or queries. 

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran
RUCKUS, Lennar Home Community

This has now been solved, and switch is working. Thank you for your help.

Hello @jegbai ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

We are glad to know that you were able to complete the Software recovery and and is resolved now.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.