I have a Lennar home in which a ICX 7150 switch and 2 WAPs are installed. I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps listed in these forums as well as having a network specialist come to evaluate these devices. I was advised that these devices need to be replaced and should be under warranty. How do I go about making a warranty claim?
As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.
Apologies, we cannot replace the devices without confirming if it is a hardware issue. Warranty is not covered for software issues which could be resolved by troubleshooting steps.
Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?
2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)
3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)
4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)
Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.
Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding
Thank you for the detailed information you shared.
As per the case description, I could understand that you have network issues with your RUCKUS setup.
This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.
Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,
1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P
I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.
How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications: