cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 Stuck in Boot Mode - No Success with Hard Reset or Software Update

ndmaynard
New Contributor

Hello - 

I appear to have similar issues that an earlier poster highlighted via below:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/ICX7150-switch-boot-mode/m-p...

When I reset, the CLI displays:

"Bad FTT kernel image format! 
ERROR: Can't get kernal image!"

I have tried following the software recovery steps at below link, using latest ICX-7150 Stability Release (RUCKUS ICX FastIron 08.0.95n (GA) Software Release (.zip)  using ttftp64 to load the SPS08095nufi.bin file via PuTTY CLI, but appear to get errors when i use "update_primary" and "update_secondary" commands.  Note that I have confirmed that my ping to 192.168.0.2 is alive, so connection should be OK.  The firmware download file for the Stability release included "Images" files but did not include "Boot" files as mentioned in the below walkthrough...

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

My printenv output is below:

baudrate=9600
ipaddr=192.168.0.3
serverip=192.168.0.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
gatewayip=192.168.0.2
uboot=maz10115.bin
image_name=SPR08090d.bin
ver=10.1.15T225 (Jan 30 2019 - 23:08:47 -0800)
Environment size: 189/16379 bytes

Please let me know if you can help support and let me know if I am doing something incorrectly or using the wrong firmware download files.  Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ndmaynard 

Thank you for your response and the provided information.

Please be aware that the latest UFI versions do not include the boot folder, as it is only present in non-UFI versions.

As previously indicated, our software recovery process utilizes version 08090k. We recommend initiating the software recovery using this version and subsequently proceeding with the upgrade to the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Hi @ndmaynard 

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your communication and for acknowledging the completion of the software recovery process. We greatly appreciate your continued engagement.

Regarding the Switch upgrade process, we recommend transitioning to version 08.0.95g, identified as the stable version for Lennar Home users.

To facilitate this transition, we have recently introduced an upgrade tool tailored to ensure a seamless process. Utilizing this tool is straightforward: users simply need to input the IP Address, Username, and password associated with the Switch into the software interface.

For your convenience, please find the necessary resources below:

1. Download the Upgrade software for Windows: Link: Upgrade Software for Windows

2. Access the Upgrade Software User Manual: Link: Upgrade Tool User Guide for Lennar SmartHome users

We highly value your input and would greatly appreciate your feedback on our upgrade tool. Your insights are instrumental in our ongoing efforts to enhance user experience and ensure the tool meets your needs effectively. Please take a moment to share your thoughts, suggestions, or any issues you encountered while using the tool. Your feedback is invaluable to us and will guide us in further improving the tool for all our users. Thank you for your time and contribution.

Should you require any assistance throughout the process, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @ndmaynard 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide an update on the status of the upgrade process?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Haven't had time to do the upgrade yet, but will do it in the next week or so.  Thanks for all your help, we can close this ticket.

Hi @ndmaynard 

Greetings!!!

Thank you sincerely for your prompt response and the valuable update.

Sure, once you complete the upgrade using the software, please help us with feedback about it. We suggest you upgrading the Switch as the upgrade software takes only some minutes to complete.

Once again, we extend our gratitude for your patience and collaboration throughout this process.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi - My apologies for the delay but I was finally able to perform the update successfully last week.  The switch appears to be operating fine, but we have been noticing performance issues with our R510 Zoneflex units where they will just randomly shut down & restart while in use.  We have noticed it happens while streaming Netflix / Youtube at least once per day and the internet just becomes unavailable for 5-10 minutes.  This situation did not occur prior to the firmware update.  

Is there some similar software update we need to run on the R510 to be in synch with the Switch?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks