cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 Stuck in Boot Mode - No Success with Hard Reset or Software Update

ndmaynard
New Contributor

Hello - 

I appear to have similar issues that an earlier poster highlighted via below:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/ICX7150-switch-boot-mode/m-p...

When I reset, the CLI displays:

"Bad FTT kernel image format! 
ERROR: Can't get kernal image!"

I have tried following the software recovery steps at below link, using latest ICX-7150 Stability Release (RUCKUS ICX FastIron 08.0.95n (GA) Software Release (.zip)  using ttftp64 to load the SPS08095nufi.bin file via PuTTY CLI, but appear to get errors when i use "update_primary" and "update_secondary" commands.  Note that I have confirmed that my ping to 192.168.0.2 is alive, so connection should be OK.  The firmware download file for the Stability release included "Images" files but did not include "Boot" files as mentioned in the below walkthrough...

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

My printenv output is below:

baudrate=9600
ipaddr=192.168.0.3
serverip=192.168.0.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
gatewayip=192.168.0.2
uboot=maz10115.bin
image_name=SPR08090d.bin
ver=10.1.15T225 (Jan 30 2019 - 23:08:47 -0800)
Environment size: 189/16379 bytes

Please let me know if you can help support and let me know if I am doing something incorrectly or using the wrong firmware download files.  Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ndmaynard 

Thank you for your response and the provided information.

Please be aware that the latest UFI versions do not include the boot folder, as it is only present in non-UFI versions.

As previously indicated, our software recovery process utilizes version 08090k. We recommend initiating the software recovery using this version and subsequently proceeding with the upgrade to the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Imran_ruckus

Hi @ndmaynard 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in boot mode and you are trying the software recovery process.

Could you please let me know, if you tried hard resetting the Switch with a paper clip multiple times? If not, please try to hard reset multiple times as described in the VIDEO below.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

If hard reset doesn’t work, please try software recovery once again using SPS08090k flash as described in the software recovery guide link you shared.

For Boot: mnz10115.bin

For Image: SPS08090k.bin

After the completion of the Successful Software Recovery process, the 'SYST' and 'PWR' lights on the Switch should turn GREEN and the Switch should start working normally.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks for the response - I will try to do a few more hard resets although I have done it already a few times.

Can you clarify which release version of the FastIron Software Release I should use?  As mentioned in my original post, the latest Stability Release zip file does NOT have a Boot folder/file, only the Image file.  

Hi @ndmaynard 

Thank you for your response and the provided information.

Please be aware that the latest UFI versions do not include the boot folder, as it is only present in non-UFI versions.

As previously indicated, our software recovery process utilizes version 08090k. We recommend initiating the software recovery using this version and subsequently proceeding with the upgrade to the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Thanks for confirming RUCKUS ICX FastIron 08.0.90k (GA) Software Release (.zip) is the release version I needed.  I was able to do the software recovery using the Image & Boot files from this release version and my system appears to be working normally again.  

Would you recommend that I now update from 08090k non-UFI to a current UFI version or should I just keep the existing firmware?  Thanks again