cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: boot mode reset

cspringer
New Contributor

Crystol has hired Geek Squad to come out and assist with the troubleshooting of her Ruckus system. We attempted to perform the factory reset and were unsuccessful in doing so.  We were never able to get the unit to display or broadcast the setup wifi to connect to the device and perform first time setup of the device.  We attempted usb flash drive factory reset and were still unsuccessful in getting the unit back to factory settings.  Also attempted to use the factory reset button multiple times as Crystol has attempted as well all getting the same result. When I arrived at her home  the Access point has power light on on the access point but no other lights.  Tried moving ports on the switch and got ctl light and power light on but were still unable to access the switch to setup the wifi as she had before.  

21 REPLIES 21

Hello @cspringer 

Thank you for your response.

Please note that, in accordance with our policies, we must follow the necessary troubleshooting steps for the current situation.

Since your switch is now stuck in boot mode again, it is essential to follow the outlined steps to address the issue.

I will review this and get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,  
Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

What I am telling you is that we've done this reboot 100xs plus trying to get this tosimply reboot I called an outside company out as well. THEY verified and said this unit will not reboot and will not factory reset. Ive tried to reboot 20xs just today It will not work!  This is nothing more than chasing a tail in a never ending circle. My question is when is enough enough?  How many times do I need to hire someone to come out to try and fail because the unit is bad and has failed?  You can look back to the 7/23/24 remarks left by the professional hired thru Best Buy a large company! Hes installed Ruckus and has seen when units fail. This is a bad box. You cant just keep having us do the same thing over and over with the same result and keep sending us directions to do it again and again.  Please get a supervisor involved today.... if you refuse to replace or help me with a new unit I am not doing this another round. 

Hello @cspringer 

Thank you for your response.

I will review this and get back to you shortly.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Can I please get an update from you on where this situation stands?  It has been going on for so long now and if Ruckus isn't going to replace this faulty box I'd like to know asap so that I can get this Ruckus removed and research another company. Please can I get a response and update without sending me to reboot this box again. That is over now. Thank You

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for your patience.

Based on the troubleshooting conducted, it appears that your ICX-7150-C12P switch is frequently getting stuck in boot mode. Despite performing hard resets and software recovery multiple times, the issue persists.

Given the ongoing failure, it is recommended that the switch be replaced. This process is referred to as a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.