cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Successful Upgrade of R510's and Ruckus Switch

G-Reg
New Contributor

@Imran & @PDBars,

Stumbled across this thread. We just purchased our retirement home (a 2020 Lennar house). It came with a Ruckus Ethernet switch and two R510 WAPs. I was already planning to install several IP PoE security cameras. 
   It appears that if I update the firmware on the ICX-7150-C12P switch and R510 APs, I should be able to run some of the IP cameras directly from the APs instead of each needing a new run of CAT6 through the walls! That would save a lot of time ‘cable-fishing’. BTW, I’m considering a PoE system from Reolink. 
   Does this sound feasible for a non-IT pro? 🤪

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @G-Reg 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for providing the details of your request. Based on your description, it appears you need assistance with adding devices to your RUCKUS setup.

You can indeed connect any Wi-Fi-enabled device wirelessly to your RUCKUS R510 Access Points. 

For guidance on upgrading your Switch and Access Points, please refer to the following RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base articles:

Switch Upgrade: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Access Points Upgrade: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @G-Reg 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

With reference to my previous post, I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @G-Reg 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @G-Reg 

Greetings!!!

I kindly request an update on my previous private chat.

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi