cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS ICX 7150-C12P HAS STOPPED WORKING

JSTYLEZ25
New Contributor

I am the original owner of my Lennar home (purchased in 2018) and my Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P has stopped working.  It stopped working back in September 2023.  I only found this forum recently and tried the suggestion from similar posts like mine to reboot the Ruckus unit according to the Youtube Video link.  When I tried rebooting the Ruckus by pressing the RESET button and plugging the Ruckus back in, nothing happened.  No lights flashed/turned on when I plugged the Ruckus back into a working electrical outlet.  I tried multiple times, as suggested in the similar posts, but still nothing happened.

The Ruckus unit has 2 Access Points connected to it in my home:

1) First Floor Living Room**

2) Second Floor Hallway**

(** I tried uploading photos to this post but pressing the "INSERT/EDIT IMAGE" button did not give me any options to attach any files)

The Internet Router in my home is working because my family is still getting a WiFi signal, but any devices connected via the Access Points are not working (Alexa, Ring Doorbell, House Thermostat).

Could you please start the process to get the Ruckus unit RMA so I can get a replacement unit?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since the Ruckus has not been working since September 2023.

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @JSTYLEZ25 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

There was no power outage before the issue started.

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

The pictures below are multiple angles showing that no lights are on when the switch is powered on.

Plugged in Ruckus with no status lights onPlugged in Ruckus with no status lights on

20240101_153002.jpg20240101_153208.jpg20240101_153233.jpg20240101_153234.jpg20240101_153432.jpg20240101_153529.jpg

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

There are 2 Access Points in my home that are connected to the switch.  Pictures of the 2 access points are below.

2nd Floor Access Point - Lights Off2nd Floor Access Point - Lights Off1st Floor Access Point - Lights Off1st Floor Access Point - Lights Off

After seeing all of these photos, I hope you are able to send a new RUCKUS ICX 7150-C12P unit to my home, so I can get my Alexa, Ring Doorbell, House Thermostat and other devices back online.

Regards.

Hi @JSTYLEZ25 

Thanks for your response,

Please let us know whether you have tried replacing the another power cord with the switch as mentioned below. Also please try to login to the account to upload the image.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello,

Where would I find a replacement power cord for the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P switch?  Is the power cord unique to the device or can I simply use a power cord from another electrical device?

Please advise.