cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 stopped working after power outage

AudreysRuckus24
New Contributor

We had a power outage two weeks ago. First both our R510 didn’t power back up after the power went back on. We performed a power cycle of the ATT main router and the main Ruckus router. The power for both AP then finally turned back on. We get internet from the APs but it is unreliable. Sometimes even our main wifi breaks connectivity on its own. Our wifi performance overall have been degraded. I also cannot connect to the unleash application nor can I log in on the default IP for both Ruckus AP. When I log in to my ATT router, I see the list of equipment that uses/used our WiFi and Ruckus Unleash show “off”. I’ve read that firmware update for the AP should fix this, but I would need to log in to the default IP for the AP which I cannot do. Some suggest that I should try factory resetting. Will this really fix my problem? Is there a specific version of the Ruckus Unleash iOS app that I will also require? Please advice.

30 REPLIES 30

pinky_ruckus

Hi @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that you are facing issues with your APs after the power outage.

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to fix the issue when the Switch is running in the Routing code.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Also, you mentioned that the APs turned off during the power outage and this normally happens when the Switch is in the older version. We suggest upgrading your switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. Please let us know once you complete the above process to assist you with the Upgrade of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

pinky_ruckus

Hello @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello,

I got as far as getting the IP for the switch. Then tried to log in using the Web GUI. There is no password label on the ICX7150 switch, and none of the default password (https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Admin-usernames-and-password...) worked. I tried using Telnet via putty, but I was denied access. Please help!

Hello @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you are unable to login to CLI through Telnet and showing the  access denied as the Telnet is not enabled on the Switch.

I would request you to please try to access the switch via the console and use the CLI to perform a password recovery. Once you have successfully recovered the password, you can fix the Routing code issue.

Follow the guide below to perform the password recovery:

Password Recovery on a Ruckus ICX Tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

Please follow the below article to get Console access to the Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Reboot the switch with the console cable attached and press "b" until the following is displayed.

• Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor:  0

Once the reboot is completed, use  the following commands to remove the password

• no password
  • boot_secondary

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard,

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community