cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 stopped working after power outage

AudreysRuckus24
New Contributor

We had a power outage two weeks ago. First both our R510 didn’t power back up after the power went back on. We performed a power cycle of the ATT main router and the main Ruckus router. The power for both AP then finally turned back on. We get internet from the APs but it is unreliable. Sometimes even our main wifi breaks connectivity on its own. Our wifi performance overall have been degraded. I also cannot connect to the unleash application nor can I log in on the default IP for both Ruckus AP. When I log in to my ATT router, I see the list of equipment that uses/used our WiFi and Ruckus Unleash show “off”. I’ve read that firmware update for the AP should fix this, but I would need to log in to the default IP for the AP which I cannot do. Some suggest that I should try factory resetting. Will this really fix my problem? Is there a specific version of the Ruckus Unleash iOS app that I will also require? Please advice.

30 REPLIES 30

okay, thanks Pinky Rajendra. I will give this a try and let you know. I think I need to update the firmware for my APs as the next step.

Hello @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Thank you for the response.

Please let us know once you have followed the above articles and once this is completed, we will help you in updating the firmware too.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello pinky_ruckus,

I connected via console using USB-C. Was able to use putty and serially connect to my switch. I was able to stop the boot, apply the "no password" command and "boot_secondary", and it did not work. After the boot completes, I was always prompted with the user and password. I tried "boot" without the secondary as shown on the video link, and same problem. I tried following the video a couple of times, and just doesnt work. I keep getting the request for user and password after it completes the boot. It does not allow me to get to the point where I can apply "config t". Also, the video is not very clear to me regarding the enable "super-user-password password". When this gets enabled, what is the log in user name? Is it "super" for user name, then "password" for password?

Anyway please help. This have become such an inconvenience. This device is very expensive and its very disappointing to know that it is ruining our connectivity instead of helping. 

What is your next suggestion? 

Hi @AudreysRuckus24 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please follow the below process for the console CLI access. Once that is done, I will assist you with the Switch username/password reset.

Here is a guide on how to access the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB (Any one cable- please refer the guide)

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow and perform the below commands.

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

copy flash flash secondary

boot system flash secondary yes

Example:

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community