cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP no internet

coltenroberts88
New Contributor II

I have three APs, all of which are R510. two of them work fine, the other 1 does not. It has the Power light green and CLT light blinking slowly.

I've tried switching ethernet ports and continue to have the issue.

I've done a hard reset, and then tried to connect through my phone. It will say im connected, but the wift bands at the top of the phone never show up. In the app i get the following error, "Un-leashed, You are connected to config me however the connection to the unleashed AP is not established yet. Please wait for the WiFi symbol to appear at the top status bar before continuing"

I've waited close to an hour without it connecting.

S

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @coltenroberts88 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please note, as mentioned in my previous post. Unplug 2 Access Points and keep only ONE access point connected to your Switch, press the reset button from a paper clip on the connected Access Point. Now you should see configure.me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi SSID, please connect to the same and complete the configuration on a web browser explained in the video shared in my previous link. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

i did disconnect the other to access points from the switch and only had the one Acess Point connected when doing the reset.

I’m unable to connect to the configure.me Wifi. As mentioned in my previous post, I get an error message.

Colten 

Hi @coltenroberts88 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please unplug the AP you are trying to factory reset with and try with a different Access Point.

I would suggest you unplug all the ethernet cables plugged into the Switch ports and reboot it once (unplug and plug from the power outlet). Now only plug the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router and ONE AP ethernet cables into any 1 in-12 ports. Please try performing a factory reset.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

The other 2 access points work fine, I don’t see how doing a factory reset in a working access point with fix the one that isn’t working.

I unplugged everything from the switch except the access point that isn’t working and tried the factory reset with the same results.

Hi @coltenroberts88 

Thank you for the response.

Please note. The factory reset of the Access Points doesn’t mean it’s only resetting a non-working AP. When we perform a factory reset it will reset your RUCKUS unleashed network in which all your connected APs get connected by sharing all of it’s configurations with each other. One acts as a Mater and the remaining slave. 

The Access Point on which we perform the factory reset with configuration as described in my previous post guide and video will act as a Master and once you connect the remaining APs to the Switch will act as a slave AP by getting all the configuration information from the Master.

Please perform the factory reset on another Access Point and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi