cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the ruckus not compatible with att router internet

sean_fahey
New Contributor

Once I switch from att WiFi to ruckus there is a considerable drop in speed and devices are slow to add. Is there a better setup taking the costumer off of att wifi and reconfigureing using just the ruckus 

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Sean,

Could you share the device setup or a simple diagram of your network?

Unleashed APs can be configured in Gateway mode but still you need internet connection over a Ethernet, means you need a model which can provide internet to the AP over ethernet.

I am not aware about any compatibility issues, as long as router/modem supports 1G ethernet connection.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

It’s a lennar home setup that I’m activating  the setup is router to switch to two or three 510s the problem is when I manage the setup and start adding devices like ring or a thermostat they won’t join the system. The customers were using the att as thier WiFi AP before we got there. Upon switching over to ruckus AP the whole thing slows down. Cx does a speed test and the drop is below 100 so they naturally don’t want rukus as their AP

Hi Sean,

Could you provide more information about your old ATT wireless router. Like its model number.

Different product type may provide different speeds as this depends upon many factors.

Unleashed is an enterprise grade solutions and support way too many features than regular SOHO controller less routers.

To improve speed, try to use 5G than 2.4 and check how much speed deference you see. Also check how much speed you get when connected to wired network.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Sean_fahey,  

I have no issues with Ring devices and thermostats joining Ruckus APs with my clients using Ruckus R510/R610/R710 systems.   However,  I think you have a wiring issue perhaps since you mentioned that speeds dropped below 100mbps and if it hovers around that point.  I would verify all the connections and test them. I have known some Lennar home owners from the past on the forum had wiring issues from the builder and normally it's just bad termination.  Perhaps the termination points have an issue and needs to be re-terminated.  I would test those out and re-terminate it. Hope this helps if it hasn't been resolved yet.  I would check all wires and also the one connecting from ATT router to the switch.